WHAT IS THE SUMMER READING INCENTIVE PROGRAM?
Children sign up, set a reading goal (number of books or number of hours) and start reading. Participants tell us about what they are reading throughout the summer (or what is read to you if you are pre-reader) to earn prizes. Details below.
- HOW TO SIGN UP:
- SUMMER READING SIGN UP EVENT!
- Thursday June 24 anytime between 3- 6 pm or
- Friday anytime between 11 am - 2 pm.
To be held outside in Law Park and Pavilion -- Stop by anytime during the above days and hours to sign up for the summer reading incentive program. You will get your welcome packet, your special summer reading necklace (new this year!), and your own set of materials to create your special summer reader mini-art to be displayed on the library building's windows all summer long! Bring a towel to find a distanced spot to create your piece of art.
- SIGN UP ANYTIME THIS SUMMER:
If you miss the sign up event, you can sign up anytime this summer by filling out the sign up form at the library or using the ONLINE SIGN UP FORM. We will mail each registrant their welcome packet, that will include your special summer reader necklace and your summer reader mini-art paper. Please use materials from home to create your work of mini-art and then return it to the library so that we can hang it on our windows!
- HOW TO LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR READING:
ONLINE LOG IN: You can log your reading by filling out the online form.
- If you have a younger child: you do not need to enter each and every title. You can enter the total number of books read since you last checked in and then just pick 1 title to tell us about for that entry.
- If you have an older child: You do not need to wait to finish a very long book to log your reading! You can enter how much of the book you read or how much time you spent reading (depending on how you set your goal) and then enter it again another day after read another chunk of the book.
TELL US IN PERSON: Outside, inside, video chat? These are all options. If you would rather not enter your reading online, no problem! We love to talk with you about your reading. There are lots of ways to talk to use face to face this summer ---> details and hours
HOW TO GET THE PRIZES:
YOUR SUMMER READING NECKLACES
This year you will earn beads/charms/tags for your summer reading necklace. Everytime you check in with us about your reading (just so you have read more since your last check in) you will get to pick out a bead, tag or charm to add to your summer reading necklace. We will set it aside for you to pick up at the library and let you know when it is ready for pick up. You can win up to 10 tags/charms and unlimited beads.
NEW BOOK RAFFLES
Every time you check in with us, your name will be entered in a summer reading raffle. We will have (at least) 5 book winners every week. You can win up to 3 new books this summer! The winners will arrange for pick up of their prize books at the library.
CONGRATS CERTIFICATE AND FINAL PRIZE:
All children who register for the Summer Reading Incentive Program AND check in with us about their reading will be invited to receive a special certificate and final small prize.